The Difference Between TO and FOR
To👉🏻 will always going to use as transfer or exchange something
For 👉🏻 For will always going to use as something beneficial
1. I made this Abaya dress ___ you
2. I gave a cup off green tea latte ___ her
3. I’m going to talk ___ you
4. I will do that ___ you
5. I go ____ school
Let’s solve it !
1. I made this Abaya dress __ you. This is to give a benefit to somebody. So, it’s gonna be FOR
2. I gave a cup of green tea latte ___ her. This is to transfer something. So, it’s clearly TO
3. I’m going to talk __ you. This is to transfer and exchange information. So, it’s TO.
4. I will do that ___ you. This is also to do something to somebody. So it’s FOR
5. I go __ school. This is a process of moving from one place to another. So, it’s TO
Notes. Doesn’t matter to use TO or FOR in present, past and future. What matters is what happen to the sentences.
Ustadzah Mely Dwi Syahputri, S.Pd